Makoti® is a African word meaning ‘the bride’ and is so much more than just a magazine. It’s packed with ideas, inspiration and heaps of fabulous bridal fashion – in short, it’s every bride-to-be’s best friend.
It was born from a perception that the African bride and groom need a publication that speaks and educates them about our traditional weddings, brides-to-be and how to package an African wedding such that it show cases one’s background and roots in a genuine, yet appealing way. Makoti® is a registered trademark quarterly wedding magazine proudly owned and published by Jozi Media an indispensable resource for the style conscious bride.
Since the first issue will hit new stands in June 2015, Makoti® will become a bible for brides, wedding planners and leading industry figures alike. From the hottest honeymoons and cutest favor ideas to stunning real life weddings and delicious new cake trends, you can count on us to have it all – and more!
WHAT IS MAKOTI®?
Makoti® is a registered trademark quarterly wedding magazine proudly owned and published by Jozi Media Empire an indispensable resource for the style conscious bride. Makoti® showcases the opulent and the exquisite; from the finest floral designs to picture perfect photographers. Our brides rest assured in the knowledge that Makoti® only represents service providers and suppliers committed to delivering superior standards of excellence and service
MAKOTI, the original wedding magazine, is the authority on all bridal things
MAKOTI is South Africa’s newest – established wedding title and the consistent market leader. The magazine enjoys the highest circulation and readership figures within the bridal market, providing advertisers with a captive, receptive and high -purchasing audience.
MAKOTI is the ultimate shopping and information guide for readers planning their perfect wedding: fashion, beauty, accessories, jewellery, reception ideas, menswear, travel… are all covered in its beautiful and inspirational pages
MAKOTI relationship with the readers
- MAKOTI readers are embarking on the biggest life stage change – and the biggest shopping spree – of their lives.
- MAKOTI readers are highly aspirational and acquisitive – they are prepared to pay for what they want. Over three – quarters of MAKOTI readers will upgrade to better, more expensive brands for their special day.
- Once engaged, readers enter ‘the white zone’, reading MAKOTI to the virtual exclusion of all other women’s glossy magazines. The magazine has a powerful role when it comes to the big day, 54% of reader’s wedding dress choice was influenced by advertising seen in MAKOTI and 47% by the magazine’s editorial pages.
OUR REGULAR FEATURES
- Makoti today as compared to Makoti yesterday
- Wedding day traditional rituals, makeup, accessories, jewellery, etc. as done by different cultures
- Showcase traditional attire worn during the traditional wedding/ reception ceremony
- Historical background of white wedding
- Explore different wedding transportation ideas, e.g. cars, cart pulled by horses, limousines, aeroplanes, etc.
- Exclusive interview with a celebrity who did a fully fledged traditional Wedding.
MAKOTI readers are influential. 67% of reader’s are asked for advice on things to buy by their friends and family; 69% say that their friends and family have bought something as a result of their recommendation.
10 000 COPIES EXCLUSIVELY DISTRIBUTED AT:
- Bridal Expo ®
- The SA Wedding Show
- NWJ Bridal and Events Show
- FAB Bridal Expo
- South Africa Wedding Expos
- The East Rand Wedding Show
- Selected Pick n Pay, Spar, CNA and Exclusive Book stores nationwide
Our Readership breakdown
- Female 92%
- Male 8%
- Brides 70%
- Friends & Family 19%
- Business 11%
OVER 350,000 WOMEN NEED TO KNOW YOUR BRAND.
Makoti Magazine is growing, and we’re committed to partnering with businesses who want to provide quality products or services to women
85% of all BRAND PURCHASES are made by WOMEN.
DID YOU KNOW…
Women are the Chief Purchasing Officers in 88 percent of South African homes.
- 91% of New Homes
- 66% PCs
- 92% Vacations
- 80% Healthcare
- 65% New Cars
- 89% Bank Accounts
- 93% Food
- 93 % OTC Pharmaceuticals
- 58% of Total Online Spending
(Source: Greenfield Online for Arnold’s Women’s Insight Team)
Women represent the majority of the online market:
- 22% shop online at least once a day.
- 92% pass along information about deals or finds to others.
- 171: average number of contacts in their e-mail or mobile lists.
- 76% want to be part of a special or select panel.
- 58% would toss a TV if they had to get rid of one digital device (only 11% would ditch their laptops).
- 51% are moms.
(Source: Mindshare/Ogilvy & Mather)
We can connect your business to the decision makers, women.
Tap into the purchasing power of Makoti Magazine readers.
For more details, please contact
Office: 011 036 2977 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org